The city bus is the cheapest transportation with the traditional cyclo (like a tricycle) in Phnom Penh, the ticket costs only 1500 riels (approximately 40c) and the service intervals of 10 or 15 min depending the hours.
City Bus line 01 for tourist attractions
The Line 01 of the Phnom Penh City bus stops near most tourist attractions of the capital of Cambodia (in red on the map). The line start from Monivong Boulevard and going around :
- Wat Phnom : 500m from stops 26 & 27 (Medical University)
- The Central Market : 250m from Stops 30 & 31(central market)
- The National Museum, Silver Pagoda and the Royal Palace : 1.4km from stops 34 & 35 (Wat Koh)
- The Olympic Stadium : 1.3km from the stop 34 & 35 (Wat Koh)
- The Independence Monument : 950m from stops 38 & 39 (Sihanouk)
- The Genocide Museum (S21) : 650m from stops 42 & 43 (Monivong / Road 360)
- The Russian Market : 1.2km from stops 44 & 45 (Monivong / Mao Tse Tong)
City Bus line 02 : Phnom Penh to Takéo
If you want to get out of Phnom Penh and visit the small city of Takéo the Phnom Penh city bus line 02 is the good way or from the stop 01 Night Market near Wat Phnom go to stops 28 & 29 Tuol Tonpoung Pagoda at 500m from the Russian Market and 800m from the Genocide Museum (prison S21).
City Bus line 03 : Phnom Penh Airport to Downtown
From the Phnom Penh airports arrivals, you cross the parking over 100m to join the stop 41 Pochentong and go to the dowtown with stop at the central market for going to your hotel by walking, tuk tuk, taxi, moto dop, cyclo or with another city bus.